Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A little thing called love.

Hey there Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakes readers, happy Tuesday! I hope your Halloween was fabulous, seeing my nephews dressed up made my day. Jack Tucker was Batman, Benjamin Scout was a Cowboy and William Beckett was Abe Lincoln.

To celebrate our Halloween in France, the manfriend, our friend Ryan headed into the city to enjoy a yummy meal. For my first time out to eat in France, you'd think we would have some French food but we stumbled upon this awesome little Italian spot and I'm so glad we did. The restaurant is called, Donna Sarah, located in downtown Limoges. The ambiance was intimate, the service was good and the food was classically Italian in all the right ways.

We ordered a delicious bottle of Chianti from Tuscany, for the table. The manfriend and I shared a lovely caprice salad for and appetizer, then for our entree we had beef carpaccio and a margarita pizza, both entrees put me in heaven. And then there was dessert, I had the tiramisu, whose presentation was fabulous and it's taste even better. All in all dinner was wonderful, yummy food, delicious wine and great conversation, everything you need for a successful night out.



Today's quote comes from something I read and was moved by yesterday. It was the Eulogy Steve Jobs' sister, Mona Simpson gave. While I read it, I teared up, I was motivated and moved about a man I didn't personally know. I think what really moved me, was the love Steve had for his wife, and the way that his sister Mona described it.

This may sound mushy, but I think the love she describes that Steve had for his wife is something we all strive for. Some people find that love early, some later in life, some people find it after they've been through numerous attempts at finding love but no matter when you find it, we must do everything to hold onto that love. Life is way to short to fool around with love, more importantly you can not and should not fool around with someone else's heart. So love, love openly, sometimes blindly, trust your heart and the adventure a little thing called, love, can take you on.

Enjoy!

I remember when he phoned the day he met Laurene. “There’s this beautiful woman and she’s really smart and she has this dog and I’m going to marry her.”
-Mona Simpson and her Eulogy for Steve Jobs

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs