Friday, November 4, 2011

Have a Little Faith.

Happy Friday Beauties! Have a great day and fantastic weekend. Today is a very special day in my life, it's my Dad's birthday. I wish him the happiest of birthdays and I wish I could be with him and my family in New York to celebrate his special day. My dad is one of the best men I know, and I owe him so much for all he has given me throughout the years. From his delicious home cooked meals, to his handy man skills, to his advice, and taking care of my puppy, Cobi, while I am away. I am forever grateful to have him in my life. So have a wonderful birthday Dad, I love you.

Also have to send some birthday love to my cousin Matthew and Kyle's cousin Patty! Happy Birthday guys, love and miss you too. Have a great day and we will celebrate when I get home for the holidays.

I am so excited to head to Paris tomorrow morning, it will be good to travel and explore this weekend. Mainly because this is the weekend I usually feel the most homesick, and it's all because of the New York CIty Marathon. This event holds a special place in my heart, it was the first marathon I've ever run, it was the fastest marathon I've ever run, and it's in my favorite city in the world, my home, the love of my life, New York City. Last year I wrote a post called, Spirit of the Marathon, about the feeling and the experience I had running the NYC Marathon, after reading this post it only solidifies my love for the New York CIty Marathon even more.

To all the runners participating in the marathon this Sunday, I commend you and wish you nothing but the best of luck. You've logged the miles, through rain and shine in preparation for this amazing event, now you are ready to shine. Enjoy every moment of those 26.2 miles, it will change your life forever. I'll be cheering for you from France!

The manfriend and I have been talking a lot lately about our future and things we want most out of life. These conversations can be exciting and nerve racking at the same time, planning a future isn't the easiest thing, especially with the career my manfriend has. We both  agree that running the New York City Marathon every year once we are back in the States and settled somewhere is something we both want to do.

You don't know how badly I want my manfriend to experience the feeling of crossing the finish line after running 26.2 miles. I know he is a professional athlete and has achieved many things I can't even fathom but this is one thing that I know I can share with him on an athletic level. This is something that I have done five times over, with my own tales to tell and I want him to experience it with me. It may seem funny to you that that is one of our main things we want in life, but trust me when I say that we are simple folk, and it's the little things in life that we truly enjoy.


For today, I have tons to do! I have to pack for Paris, for both myself and Kyle since he is on the road for a game today. We are heading to Paris early tomorrow morning, so I want to be all set and ready to go. I also have to find a place in France where we can get a dog crate, our little pup will be coming home in just two short weeks and we need to have everything ready for our little dude's arrival. I am also working on a new blog design. What do you think of it so far? I am very proud of myself, I learned to make my own banner, I'm slowly learning the ways of the blog universe.

Wow, I talked a lot this Friday, now I think it's time to share a quote with you. Today's quote comes from Mitch Albom  and his book, Have a Little Faith. You might know Mitch from his most famous work, The Five You Meet in Heaven, which is a fantastic read. But there is something about, Have a Little Faith, that captivated me and there were so many good quotes in there, such a motivating read.

The quote I am going to share with you in about having faith. In order to succeed in life, we must have faith and believe in all we do. We must have faith in what we love, who we love, and how we love. Most importunely faith isn't just believing in something or someone, it's acting on it. To be the best you, put forth the best you. Most people call faith blind but when you act on your faith the blindness disappears.

Enjoy and Avoir un grand week-end!

Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.
-Mitch Albom, Have a Little Faith


xoxo,
Meggie

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs