Friday, November 11, 2011

It's Never Too Late.

Happy Friday Loves, Happy 11.11.11(Make a wish!) and most importantly Happy Veterans Day to all the Vets back home in the US. I want to thank all the men and women who have served and are serving in the military, you are all heros in my eyes and deserve nothing but the best. I urge you today to say thank you to a Vet because of them we get to enjoy our everyday freedoms. A very special thanks to my brother-in-law Chris Perkins who is currently serving and out on a tour with the United States Coast Guard, Michael Mastrangelo who serves in the Army, Antonio Betulia who is serving with the United States Navy, and my Aunt Suzanne's husband Chris who is serving with the United States Reserves, thank you all.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It's a beautiful fall day in Limoges and I plan on enjoying it. My guy only has one practice today because he has a game tomorrow, so I can't wait to have a nice day with him. He also has the day off on Sunday, so we are thinking about taking another little trip, since we have Europe at our fingertips we want to take full advantage of it. We just have no idea where to go, that's a problem we keep running into because there are so many places we want to see. So if anyone has any suggestions for a great day trip, please feel free to leave a comment.


Last night the manfriend and I watched, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, I love this movie because it makes you think about time and how it is so precious. There are so many great quotes from this film but one really sticks out for me and I felt it was the perfect quote to leave you with this Friday, think about this quote over the weekend and act on it. The quote comes from Brad Pitt's character, Benjamin, it's from a letter he leaves for his daughter and it is pretty powerful.

In life we can't be afraid to live, to be who we want to be. If you have a dream go for it. Life is too short to sit around and wait for things to happen, please don't let it pass you by. If you love someone, tell them. If you are mad at someone, sort it out and forgive them. If there is a version of yourself you are looking to become, go become it. Challenge yourself everyday to be better. Help others. Stop worrying about what others think. Go out in the world and see it, that doesn't mean that you have to travel, you can go to a local museum and see it but see it none the less. Explore the unknown, step out of your comfort zone. Live with passion, live with grace, live with the openness that we are all different. Bottom line is...LIVE!

Apprécier et avoir un grand weekend!


For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
-The Curious Case of Benjamin Button 

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs