Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Be willing to look stupid.

Happy Tuesday Beauties, it's another warm and humid day in New York City, I thought it's fall, where is the cool, crisp weather? I want to wear my sweaters and boots. Have a wonderful day, step out of your comfort zone today.

Yesterday I put in for my last day at work, which made me moving over to France feel even more real. It was sad to make my schedule, highlighting my last day but I know a new adventure awaits. I have to thank Abercrombie and Fitch 5th Avenue for being so amazing to me over the past years, they've supported me through some very hectic times, not many people can say that about their place of work.

I know it's only Tuesday but I am really looking forward to the weekend. On Saturday, I am taking the train up to Boston where my sister is picking me up and taking me to her new house in Maine. I'm looking forward to this mini vacation , spending some quality time with my sister and nephews, enjoying the crispy New England weather and hopefully some of my sister's amazing baked goods. So come on weekend, get here already!

Have you checked out the Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakes First Birthday Giveaway? In honor of being on the web for a year, Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakes is giving away a Longchamp tote bag! This bag is worth $145 and it could be all your for simply commenting on the post below, just click the link and comment. The Giveaway ends this Friday, September 30th at 12 noon (est).


Good Luck and Thanks for Your Support!


Today's quote comes from Hugh Laurie's character, Dr, Gregory House from the television show, House. I didn't hear this quote on the show, I saw it as a quote my sister posted on her Pinterest, under her "Words to Live By" board and I fell in love with it.

I believe in dreaming big, taking risks, following your heart and taking the less traveled path. I also believe you should be humble during the process, you can't take yourself to seriously or you'll never get out alive. You have to accept that they'll be up and downs but if you go into every one of life's challenges with a smile on your face and a sense of humor, life won't seem all the bad. Let go and live.

Enjoy!

If you aren't willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you.
-Dr. Gregory House

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs