Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Trust the Process. (QOTD.)

Happy Wednesday my beautiful Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakes readers. It's a wet one today in New York City and I heard it's going to be like this the rest of the week, boo for bad weather! 

Despite the rather crappy weather, I am excited for this first Wednesday in September for two reasons. One being that Starbucks releases their Pumpkin Spice Latte today, this always lets me know that fall has arrived. I can't wait to get my hands on some pumpkiney coffee goodness. (Yes, I believe I made up the word pumpkiney.) 

Secondly, tonight Team in Training kicks off their Fast Track Fall Season! I can't wait to coach my second event for TNT, this time around my team will be running the Inaugural Brooklyn Rock and Roll 10k in Prospect Park, October 22nd. Last season with the help of the team's amazing mentors and the dedication of the team itself, we got 40+ runners across the finish line, all while raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. If you are interested in participating with TNT, email me at megmccarrick@gmail.com, I'd be more then happy to send you some team and race information. Go Team! 

Today's quote is a great one, from author, Alexandra Stoddard. I first saw this quote on Pinterest and then again on QuotableCards, it's a popular one and I love it's message.


We are so busy rushing around, that we sometimes forget what life is all about. Remember John Lennon said, "Life is what happens, while you are busy making other plans." So take some time out of your day and really enjoy it, take it all in, this isn't a dress rehearsal.

Enjoy!

Slow down. Calm down. Don't worry. Don't hurry. Trust the process.
-Alexandra Stoddard

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs