Monday, September 19, 2011

Many the Miles.

Happy Monday Loves, another brand new week ahead of you, make it a great one, challenge yourself to be the best you. I feel like my weekend was over in a blink of an eye, and now I'm looking forward to the upcoming weekend to possibly catch up on some much needed sleep.

This weekend I was in Philadelphia for the ING Rock and Roll Philly Half Marathon and I had a blast. I have to say, I haven't always been a huge fan of Philadelphia but they put on one heck of a Half Marathon. From the race expo, where I saw my running idol, Kara Goucher and running legend, Frank Shorter, to the actual race, it was a great event. The race course was flawless, the weather ideal for a runner and even though I wasn't even close to my half marathon PR, I smiled throughout my run, realizing how lucky I am to be able to do something I love. So thank you Philly for a great weekend and adding another check to my bucket list. Also, a big congrats to all my Team in Training buddies that ran with me this weekend, you guys are amazing and you rocked it!

Now it's on to the next race, this weekend I'll be running a fantastic race called, Tunnel to Towers, a run in honor of fallen firefighter, Steven Siller, who died on September 11th, 2001. This is another fantastic event which I can't wait to run and then enjoy the post race festivities with my family. Running all these races makes me feel alive, to know that I'm challenging myself.

Look out for a post later today which will announce Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakes 1st Birthday Giveaway! I assure you it will not disappoint and it's my way of thanking all of you for continuing to follow and read this blog, I am forever grateful!
Today's quote comes from my girl, Sara Bareilles and her song, Many the Miles, off her album, Little Voices. I love this song for many reasons, you can listen to it and interpret it in many ways, it can be about someone you love, or a goal and/or dream you are chasing.

In life sometimes things can seem very far away, you may feel like your time to shine will never arrive, but let me assure you it will. Work hard, through ups and downs, focus on being a good person, and less on silly drama or petty behavior, it's not worth your time.

As I am nearing my 26th year on this planet I am learning more and more about what really matters, and that's being a good person, trying hard to be the best you, setting goals, being a great memeber of society, and I think above all learning what it means to love. When you learn to love, the little voices of negativity will disappear, you'll have better clarity and you'll sweat the small stuff less and less. So no matter how many miles you feel you are away from achieving what you want in life, go after it, you deserve to be happy. Care more, worry less, smile often and love a ton.


Enjoy!

I made up my mind when I was a young girl
I've been given this one world
I won't worry it away
But now and again, I lose sight of the good life
I get stuck in a low light
But then love comes in

How far do I have to go to get to you?
Many the miles, many the miles
How far do I have to go to get to you?
Many the miles, but send me the miles, and I'll be happy to

Follow you, love

I do what I can, wherever I end up
To keep giving my good love
And spreading it around, yeah
'Cause I've had my fair share of take care and goodbyes
I've learned how to cry and I'm better for that

My Weekend Instagram'd

Enjoying the First Crisp Fall Day.

Friday Brownie Treat.


Love this.


Awesome T-shirt at the EXPO.


My Running Idol, Kara Goucher.


Finisher's Medal.

My Race Packet.

Awesome T-shirt at the EXPO.


Bret Michael's Post Race Concert.


Loved this sign.
Checking out my new NARS Lip Gloss.










No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs