Tuesday, September 6, 2011

100 Years. (QOTD.)

Hello Loves, happy Tuesday. Four days off from blogging and I missed you guys! I hope everyone here state side  had an amazing Labor Day Weekend. I can't believe the summer has come to an end, it was a great summer, with many memories made, new chapters beginning, all while surrounded by great people. 

One of my latest Quotable Creations. Tribute to John Lennon.

Today marks my nephew Jack's first day of first grade, which makes me feel very old. I know I'm not "old" but I think of baby Jack-Jack starting first grade and it freaks me out a bit.

This milestone makes me  think of my 19 year old self when Jack was born, I think of where I was in my life, I was no longer a runner, I walked away from that relationship earlier in the year. I was entering my second year at the Fashion Institute of Technology and I had the nickname "Ralph" in class because of my extensive collection of Ralph Lauren sweaters, I also had a really bad habit of buying Nike sneakers. I had no clue what a blog was and I hated to read. Meg also at 19, squirmed at the thought of having children, she thought they were "sticky"and when she heard her sister talking about how her nephew Jack's delivery went, she nearly passed out.

If you told 19 year old Meg, that she'd become a marathoner, 5 times over before she turned 25, she'd probably laugh and roll her eyes. If you told 19 year old Meg, that she would get involved in a relationship that would first take her all over the United States and then the world, she'd laugh and say she didn't even own a passport. If you told her that her Nike collection would end up in her parents attic, she would shake her head and claim that her future kids will have the "sickest" Nike Collection. And if you told her she'd love to write and read like the closet nerd she knew she was, she would object, that wasn't her style. If you told her she would welcome two more nephews into the world, bawling when she entered the hospital room and seeing the most perfect babies, she would protest that she doesn't possess that, maternal extinct.

It's crazy what six short years can do to someone. I can admit now that my early twenties were indeed my years of discovery. I discovered that I could have my own voice, even if it's corny and annoys the shit out of people, it's my own. I learned that I'm a pretty decent runner and that I love that miserable sport, it's what makes me, Meg, it doesn't make up all of me, though.

I'm learning more and more everyday that I love someone so much, it utterly scares the crap out of me. I've learned that it's better to be a risk taker and try new things, even if you fall on your ass. I've learned that I don't need 100 pairs of Nike sneakers to be my "self", I've moved on to Ray Bans, sorry you can't break all bad habits, my kids are going to have the coolest Ray Ban Collection. I have learned that I love to blog and that blogging saved me from many lonely days while I was over in a foreign land, missing home so very much. And lastly I've learned that I do not hate children, I indeed love them and could actually picture myself having one or two down the road, but right now I'd be happier with a puppy. 

I guess what I am saying is life is crazy, you have no clue where it's going to take you or what you are going to discover about yourself, and it took my nephew starting his own little journey, to make me reflect on mine. It hasn't been a bad one, were there ups and downs? Hell yeah, what's life without a couple of events that totally throw you for a loop, but you dust yourself off and go on because you have to, life doesn't wait for you to say, " OK I'm ready now." 

Which brings me to today's quote, which goes hand in hand with life and your journey, and how quickly it goes. The quote comes from the song, 100 Years, by Five For Fighting. I know I say this a lot but this is indeed one of my favorite songs on the planet. Not much to explain about this quote, but know that life moves fast, in a blink of an eye your 75, so live it my beautiful babies. 


Enjoy and happy first day Jack Tucker!

I'm 15 for a moment
Caught in between 10 and 20
And I'm just dreaming
Counting the ways to where you are

I'm 22 for a moment
She feels better than ever
And we're on fire
Making our way back from Mars

15 there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to lose
15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live
-Five For Fighting, 100 Years

Jack on His First Day.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs