Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Nostalgia.

I'm not going to lie, I am very happy that we are already half way through the week. Have a great Wednesday my friends!

Did you guys check out the Missoni for Target line? I was lucky enough to get on the site, it took me a half hour because of all the traffic to the site. I ordered myself a cute and casual dress, along with a cool pair of cotton, woven pants. I also ordered my mom a beautiful dress, with classic Missoni written all over it. I can't wait until Monday when my order is delivered! I'll be sure to post pictures. Did you check out the Missoni for Target line?

Last night I enjoyed a nice night out with my family to celebrate my cousin Tim's birthday. We went to our usual spot, The Manor Restaurant, and as usual we all enjoyed some great food and more importantly, great company. I love my family and sometimes I think, how would I survive without them? I consider myself so very lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people, you can never take that for granted.

I have a lot going on in the next month and a half before I head over to France and I continue to that list of things I want to do before I am away from New York for eight months. So today I am going to register for, The Tunnel to Towers Race, which is an amazing tribute to fallen firefighter, Stephen Siller, that's the last weekend in September. I'm also booking my train ticket to go visit my sister up in Maine or a long weekend. I can't wait to see my nephews and my sister before I head overseas. Keeping busy and tackling some small goals makes me feel alive, and life is for living right?

Today's quote comes from an amazing AMC series, Mad Men. I love this show, and i can't wait for season 5 to begin. Definitely check it out, not only will you enjoy the show but you will fall in love with the amazing style and glamour that was the late 60's. This quote we find, Don Draper, Mad Men's main character, doing selling an ad campaign for Kodak's Picture Carousel. I remember watching this episode and listening to him talking about this device and getting chills.

I am a lover of photography, I think I inherited this from my mom's mother, my Nana. Everywhere I go, I am snapping away, pictures have become such a huge part of my life. When I am feeling nostalgic, I'll flip through album after album, which take me back to different moments of time. I reminisce, I smile at past moments, I get choked up when I see a family member who is no longer with us. Pictures have an amazing way of saving a moment of time, storing it for us to look back and say, "Wow, I really have lived."

Below the quote I included some pictures that I hold near and dear to my heart. I look at these pictures and I can still feel the love radiating from them, or feel the sense of achievement and sometimes the feeling of pain. Pictures are truly amazing.

Enjoy!


He told me that in Greek, nostalgia literally means the pain from an old wound. It’s a twinge in your heart, far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn’t a spaceship, it’s a time machine. Goes backwards, forwards, and takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It’s not called ‘The Wheel,’ it’s called ‘The Carousel.’ It lets us travel the way a child travels, round and around and back home again, to a place where we know we are loved.
-Don Draper, Mad Men


Kyle and I in Long Beach Island 2010

My Brother, Sister and Myself, Long Beach Island 2011

My Family Living Strong, Summer 2009

Running in the Ancient Olympic Stadium, Athens Greece 2010

Pumpkin Picking with Jack Tucker, Fall 2009

Crossing the Finish Line at the Boston Marathon.

Enjoying our city, Summer 2010

Welcoming William Beckett into the World.

Crossing the Finish Line at the Chicago Marathon, Completing 5 Under 25.

Welcoming Benjamin Scout into the World.

Kyle and My First Night Together.

My Brother and I in Long Island, Summer 1988

Samantha and I, Summer 1994

My Mom and Me...1986


My Dad, Sister and I, December 1988

Me in Long Island, Summer 1989

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs