Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Long and Winding Road

Hello my Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakes readers, hope this Tuesday is a wonderful one for you. This morning I enjoyed a cup of coffee with my Manfriend, we chatted while I was on the Staten Island Ferry and he was in our apartment in France, and even though we are thousands of miles away from each other, it's comforting to know that we can still enjoy some of life's little blessings and that's a delicious cup of coffee.

Today's quote comes from the Beatles song, The Long and Winding Road, off their Let it Be album. I love this song and it relates greatly to life.


We all have goals and dreams, we all picture our lives and what we hope will happen. Sometimes it seems like we are never going to get to that finish line, that next stage. The road indeed seems long and winding. I am beginning to realize more and more that life is more about your journey then the overall result. Life is about the experiences, some amazing ones, some shitty, these occurrences help make us who we are.

So again as I've said before, trust the process, enjoy the ride, there are most certainly going to be bumps and dips and turns, so if you suffer from motion sickness, bring a barf bag.(Haha.) When you get to your desired destination you'll see there is an even better one waiting for you up the road. Peace be the journey.

Enjoy!

Many times I've been alone
And many times I've cried,
Anyway you'll never know
The many ways I've tried.

And still they lead me back
To the long, winding road
You left me standing here
A long, long time ago
Don't leave me waiting here
Lead me to your door.
-The Beatles, The Long and Winding Road

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs