Thursday, September 8, 2011

In Your Eyes. (QOTD.)

Hey Lovers, happy, happy Thursday and happy Fashion's Night Out! I'm really hoping the weather cooperates tonight, so I can stop by a couple of FNO events without worrying about rain. Are you participating in Fashion's Night Out 2011? If so, what events are you hitting up?

Last night after work I headed to the Team in Training Fast Track Kickoff, I was wishing for more people to turn out but I know we'll have a solid team that's going to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beast a 10k! As I mentioned yesterday, if you are interested in joining Team in Training please email me and I'll send you some team and race info.  megmccarrick@gmail.com

The days are ticking away and bringing me closer to seeing the thing I love most, my Manfriend! We have 44 days to go, some days are harder then others but we are staying strong. I should warn him that when I see him in the airport I will in fact tackle him to the ground, all  while doing my best Lady Gaga impersonation, singing, "This time I'm not leaving without you." October 22nd please get here soon! 


Now time for a little mush. Today's quote comes from Peter Gabriel's song, In Your Eyes. I love this song and it always reminds me of my manfriend. One line more recently really hits home with me as we are going through another stint of being away from each other.

We are veterans when it comes to being apart but I can't say it gets any easier, I actually believe it gets harder. I love you Kyle and I can't wait to see you soon and believe me soon can't come soon enough. When you realize that someone has become such a huge part of your life, you don't want them to miss out on any part of it. Thank you Peter Gabriel for helping me get through a rough day.

Enjoy.

I get so tired of working so hard for our survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive.
-Peter Gabriel, In Your Eyes

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs