Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Enjoy the show.

Happy Wednesday Beauties! Hope you are having a great week, set a goal and tackle it, there is no better time like now. The weather in Limoges has been so mild, and I've been taking advantage of it, putting my marathon training into full gear. It's so nice to go for a walk with Wooden in January and I'm not freezing my buns off. As I've promised earlier in the month, now that I'm back in Limoges and settled for awhile my posts will be more consistent, that also includes my other site, Project Run (Click the link in the upper right hand corner of this page.), which documents my workouts, training for my upcoming marathon and some helpful tips for the exercise lovers, definitely check it out.

Early this morning Kyle and I received a pleasant surprise, the package we sent from New York on Thursday arrived. We couldn't believe how fast it got here, the post office clerk told us it would take 6-10 business days and it got here in 3-1/2! I love care packages from the US, it's so comforting, the items I am most excited about are the pounds of Starbucks coffee and my Trader Joe's baking supplies. I can't wait to get into the kitchen and whip up some tasty treats for Kyle and I.

On Monday night, Kyle and I watched the fantastic movie, Moneyball. I'm a sucker for sports flicks and this one blew me away. Brad Pitt was amazing, his performance is definitely award worthy, and the fact that this film is based on a true story makes it even better. At one point in the movie, Brad's daughter sings a song that I immediately fell in love with. Like I've said before, I love when you find a song or quote that relates to exactly what you are going through in life, this song in particular really hit me with its words.

The song is called, The Show, originally done by the fantastic artist, Lenka. the words to this song are amazing and I feel anyone can relate to them, woman or man, young or old. Sometimes our path gets confusing, questions fill our head, "what am I doing?", "where am I going?" We are all faced with choices to make and decisions that need to be made. What we have to realize is that we are not alone, everyone goes through this. I for example have mini battles with myself everyday on what I am doing with my life and where I am going. Sometimes it can be overwhelming but I take a deep breath and tell myself to be present, to enjoy the ride, bumpy or smooth, through the ups and downs. If we spend to much time worrying day in and day out, we are going to miss out on this amazing thing called life.

So go out and live, go out and love, go out and be a risk taker, take chances on yourself, on love and I'm telling you life will be pretty damn amazing. Stop being afraid to step out of your comfort zone, you deserve to be the best you can be.

Enjoy the show!

I'm just a little bit caught in the middle
Life is a maze and love is a riddle
I don't know where to go, can't do it alone
I've tried and I don't know why

I'm just a little girl lost in the moment
I'm so scared but I don't show it
I can't figure it out, it's bringing me down
I know I've got to let it go and just enjoy the show
-The Show, Lenka




No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs