Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pinteresting Finds and A Pinterest Challenge!

Hey there loves, it's Tuesday so that can only mean one thing! Time for some great Pinteresting Finds and a Pinterest Challenge. For all those who don't already know, my name is Meggie and I'm a Pinterest Addict, I've tried to stray but the pins just keep pulling me back, haha. In all honesty, Pinterest is a great site/tool and if you aren't already on there, what are you waiting for? Join the pinning frenzy today!

Below are some pins that I've been loving lately, some are fashion related, there are some fitness pins thrown in there, a couple of wedding pins to scare the crap out of my boyfriend (Sorry Kyle I need to save these good ideas!), there are also some quotes because you all know I'm a sucker for a great quote and there are some home design pins. Also there is this week's Pinterest Challenge, which I am so excited to share with you, I really hit a home run with this challenge and you can too, it's super easy!

Happy Pinning!

Pinteresting Finds:

I am absolutely in LOVE with the back of this dress. Board: Fairytale Finds

Such a cool idea for a traveler, I dig shadow boxes. Board: Crafty Ideas

Who doesn't love a big stack of flap jacks? Pancakes with Butter Rum Syrup. Board: Foodie Fun

Love the exposed glasses and ceramics, also the flow from kitchen to family room. Board: Home Design 

Well her abs are just incredible. Namaste! Board: Sporty Love

For my Cobi and for anyone who has lost someone. Board: Quotes I Dig

Love her and that cat without a name. Board: Audrey Love

Simple, Classy and Chic. Board: Fashion Snapshots

Love Miss LC and her hair. Board: Beauty 
Pinterest Challenge:

This week's Pinterest Challenge, was so simple and so tasty, I will definitely be coming back for seconds. I found this amazing picture of an avocado, tomato and mozzarella grilled cheese a while back and it was time to try and whip one up myself.

Here's the picture that started me on my quest to make one rather yummy grilled cheese. It was pinned from  FoodGawker.com.
I loved this idea for a grilled cheese because it was a twist on a classic grilled cheese and because I'm no Martha Stewart when it comes to cooking, it was a very simple recipe and easy to master.

Here's what you'll need:

  • Bread: I went with Boule bread. It's a great bread for sandwiches. I had the bakery slice it for me so the slices would be even. 
  • Cheese: Mozzarella. It's better to use fresh mozzarella. But you can substitute any type of cheese, it's a grilled cheese there really are no rules. 
  • Two Avocados Sliced
  • One Large Tomato Sliced
  • Balsamic Glaze
  • Butter


Recipe:
  • Preheat your non stick pan on medium.
  • Melt a tablespoon of butter. 
  • Using a brush, brush the first slice of bread evenly with your butter. (This makes for a crispy grilled cheese) 
  • Place several pieces of fresh mozzarella on the first slice of bread. 
  • Pour a nice amount of balsamic glaze over the fresh mozzarella. 
  • Place first slice on pan and let it sit for two minutes, allowing the bread to brown. 
  • With your second slice of bread again brush evenly with butter. 
  • Slice your avocado and place on bread followed by sliced tomato. (It's better to put the avocado down first so it's easier to flip later.) 
  • Place second slice of bread on top of the first slice and flip, let it brown for two minutes or until you see the mozzarella is melted to your liking. 
  • Now it's time to enjoy!
Here is my result: 

Heaven on a plate.

Gooey Goodness paired with Crispy Bread.

Note: I paired this yummy sandwich with a fried egg over baby greens to give it a more upscale, gourmet look.

This sandwich was so delicious, my guy Kyle actually ate two of them, it was so simple to make and the flavors from the mozzarella, avocado, tomato and balsamic glaze really complimented each other nicely. It tasted just like summer.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs