Wednesday, October 12, 2011

You've got to live with yourself. (QOTD)

Happy Hump Day Beauties! Make it a terrific day, do something extraordinary. I am officially in moving mode, which is exciting and nerve racking at the same time. Last night, I mapped out the next week and a half, organizing my days so I get everything I need accomplished done before my hop over the pond.

To make things a little more hectic, I've decided that I am going to run the Brooklyn Rock and Roll 10k with the team I am coaching. The race is actually on the day I leave for France. I figured it will tire me out for the seven hour flight ahead of me and since it's the inaugural Rock and Roll 10k in Brooklyn, I didn't want to miss out. So we will see how that works out for me.

Today's quote comes from my favorite classic, To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. I don't know how many times I've read this book, but it never gets old, I love it's message and it rings very true to what is going on in the world today. I don't usually blog about politics or religion because I don't think you guys should have to sit here and read my opinions on the state of the world, this is a lifestyle blog where you can come to find a little piece of mind or motivation from the hundreds of quotes I post. But I will say that I do strongly believe that people, no matter what creed, race, sex , gay, straight, transgender, the richest of the rich to the poorest of the poor, should be treated equally.

I've been extremely disheartened lately by images I've seen on the news of utter hate for one another. I thought we've moved on from discrimination and hate with or movement for change in the 1960's but that is clearly not the case these days. This is one of the few times I will state my opinion when I say, the next time you judge someone, remember they are human just like you, no one is perfect, everyone has flaws, no two people think identically and you shouldn't hate on people if they don't believe or are into the same exact lifestyle as you. 

Go out, be good and don't judge, you have no clue what some one's circumstance is.  If you do this you'll be able to breathe easy every night when you hit your pillow.

Enjoy!

...but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience. 
-Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird, Chapter 11, spoken by the character Atticus

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs