Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One small adjustment.

Happy Tuesday Loves, have a great day, do something amazing for yourself. I am getting settled here in Limoges but also feeling the effects of jet lag, which is never fun. I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of the boxes I had shipped over here, my life is in those boxes and I am praying that none of them get lost on transit, fingers crossed for a safe delivery.





Yesterday, the manfriend and I went food shopping at our local Carrefour, and we stumbled upon something amazing. Now before you cast judgement, let me start by saying, while living abroad it's always nice to have some comforts of home. Anyway, we were in the Carrefour, perusing the wine aisle, which I may add is a wine lovers dream, France is the wine capital of the world, there was wine from all over but what caught the manfriend and my eye, were the bottles of Yellowtail! (Which is an Austrailian wine and our wine of choice back home) Out of all the amazing wine that we could of selected we left with a bottle of Yellowtail Shiraz, I know they'll be plenty of time to try the many different types of French wine, but right now a bottle of Yellowtail was what we needed.

Later on today I will be going to my first Limoges CSP basketball game, and I couldn't be more excited. I can't wait to see my manfriend and his team in action, they are undefeated at 5/5, which is awesome. This is a cup game not a regular season game but important none the less. I am so proud of my guy and what he does. I'll be sure to write a follow up about my first French basketball experience, I heard Limoges fans are amazing, so I'm looking forward to that.

Now it is time for a long awaited quote, I haven't posted one in a few days. Today's quote comes from the romantic comedy, How Do You Know. The first time I saw this flick I didn't love it, but after watching it again it has really grown on me. There is one line delivered by Paul Rudd's character, George, which puts life into perfect perspective.

Sometimes we don't know where we want to go in life, this can get confusing and I'm here to tell you that you aren't alone. I still don't know exactly what I want to do in life, but I've learned through the process of figuring out, I am doing. I am doing things that I've dreamed of doing and I also doing things I never even imagined doing. I don't think you can ever fully know where you are going to end up, and instead of being scared by that, I say, get excited about it! Your life is yours and you are in control of the reigns. So get in the driver's seat and take off down the path of your choice. Anything is possible, if you are willing to try.

Apprécier et avoir un grand jour!

We are all just one small adjustment away from making our lives work.
- George, How Do You Know

Here is a picture my sister-in-law, Lia, sent me yesterday of my adorable nephew, William. He's saying hello to me in French! I can't wait for their visit to France.



No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs