Thursday, October 6, 2011

Have the courage to follow your heart.


Happy Thursday Lovers, make it a great one. Sorry for not posting yesterday, it was a travel day for me. I spent a large quantity of the day on  the Amtrak Regional, heading home from Maine to New York. It was a lovely ride, enjoying the beautiful New England scenery. I was telling my manfriend that this summer I would love to take another trip up to my sister's, stopping and all the quaint New England towns along the way.

I have to thank my sister Becky, my brother-in-law Chris and my nephews Jack and Benjamin, for being such amazing hosts to me while I was visiting them. I actually didn't want to leave and got a little sad when I entered the train station, knowing I will not see them in person until Christmas. I love spending time with them and I hope one day in the future we will not live so far apart so I can enjoy their company of a regular basis, until then we'll Skype.

Now that I am back in New York, it is back to business and man do I have a lot going on. I leave for  France in 16 days and I have so much to do, I also have a lot of engagements which gives me very little time to get organized. But I am not going to stress, here are so many great things going on in my life, I have to trust the process, I'm learning to stress less and enjoy life a little more.

The manfriend and I received a puppy update. Our puppy is now a week and a half old and doing great. We thought we had a name picked out and now it seems we are having a change of heart. We've now narrowed it down to four names, and I am thinking once we see the pup the name will just come to us. If you have any name suggestions, please feel free to leave your comments below.

Here are some pictures from my Maine Vacation.

Chris and Becky's Famous Buttermilk Pancakes.

Ben is Sticky.

Amazing Lobster Roll from Ed's Crab Shack.

Heaven.

Ben Lounging.

Yummy Mimosas.

Becky's Eggs Flourentine.

 
Eggs Irish = Delicious.

I love my Bucks.

Kyle's look-a-like in Portsmouth.

Our puppy at a week and a half old, he's in there somewhere.

My First Cake from Scratch. Chocolate Cake with Vanilla and Cookies 'n Cream icing.

Silly Jack showing me his puzzle.

Hey there Cowboy.

Enjoying Becky's Homemade Chocolate, Caramel, Peanut Butter Mustache Lollipop.

One of the many beautiful views on the Amtrak.


On a more sad note, last night we lost a visionary, an extremely talented individual who lost his long battle with pancreatic cancer, rest in peace Apple Founder,  Steve Jobs. I am what you would call an Apple addict, I am hooked on Mac products and I believe President Obama put it best when he said last night, "The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented."


Young Steve Jobs.

So to pay tribute to Steve, today's quote comes from him. This quote comes from a commencement speech he gave at Stanford University in 2005. I watch his speech every now and then to motivate me to go out there and be what I believe I can be. You may find this speech very similar to that of Randy Pausch's, Last Lecture. Maybe these great thoughts come to oneself when one is shown that they are not invincible, that one day your time will indeed expire.

What I learned from Jobs is that you shouldn't limit yourself, you shouldn't worry what others think of you and you should go after every dream and goal you have for yourself. This is your one life, this isn't a dress rehearsal, there are no do overs.  Go out and be great, don't settle for good.

Enjoy!

Below the quote I included the 2005 Stanford Commencement Speech., take the time and watch it, you'll want to go out and conquer the world after watching.

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
-Steve Jobs

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs