Thursday, December 30, 2010

Traveling.

I love to travel, but sometimes it can really take a lot out of you. I guess the worst time to travel is around the holidays since there are so many people traveling and on top of that you have to worry about the weather. 

The manfriend and I were supposed to head back to Athens on Monday but because of the blizzard that attacked New York City, our flight was cancelled. We both spent most of Monday morning on the phone with British Airways, at first they booked us on two separate flights but I was having none of that. The reason I was heading back to Greece this soon was so I didn't have to travel alone. My guy worked his magic and instead of being on two separate flights out of Newark, now we were on the same flight Tuesday night out of JFK. It was great to get another day with our families, but the snow did limit us to doing a lot of things. 






Tuesday morning, we checked both of our flights and they were on time, while my brother and his wife's flight was delayed, so they rescheduled and we said our goodbyes and headed to JFK. Once we entered the airport, it was quite a scene, there were people everywhere and everyone was delayed. Our flight at that point was still on time, checking in and security went very smooth, so we went to the bar and had a drink before boarding because we had some time. Well, I wish I could say the rest of the night went smoothly, our flight ended up delayed and once we boarded, we were stuck on the tarmac for three hours, because the baggage machine was frozen and they couldn't get our luggage on the plane. When we finally took off, I was looking forward to falling asleep but we hit turbulence through the whole flight which scared me to death. 


Our first flight to London which was supposed to land at 6:30 am London time, landed at 10:30 instead, we were happy to see that when we stepped off the plane a British airways ticket agent was there to meet us with our new boarding pass for our 12:25 flight. With some time to kill, we stopped for some breakfast. We had a traditional British breakfast and it was rather yummy. Heathrow Airport is beautiful and very upscale, they have a Harrods in there which made me want to shop instead of getting on another flight. 

The second flight actually went off on schedule and it was a short four hour trip to Athens, which I slept through most of, surprisingly. I couldn't believe how excited I was to land and get back to the apartment. Everything went smoothly in the airport, we got our bags, went through customs and we were on our way. Being back at our apartment was amazing, I couldn't wait to sit and unwind with the manfriend.

I guess when traveling, you should be prepared for anything. I was so happy I didn't have to travel alone and we had plenty of reading material, our ipad and macbook to keep us busy and it also helps that most airlines give you unlimited amount of wine or beer. 

Now time to enjoy some jet lag!

1 comment:

Meggie said...

Ahhh...I look so tired in that video...EWWW haha

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs