Saturday, December 18, 2010

Quote of the day.

Happy Saturday, it is yet another cold day in New York City, which really puts me in the Christmas Spirit. I still have some last minute shopping to do, hopefully I will get that all done today.

Today's quote is from Hallmark, I have a slight obsession with cards, I can spend hours in a Hallmark store reading card after card, my man friend is usually the lucky recipient of all the cards as I have a stockpile of cards for any possible moment or lifetime achievement. I love words and there power to let someone know how you feel. I really dig this quote and I hope you like it too.

Enjoy

If you ever doubt the power of language, listen more closely. Witness the magic the first time someone whispers "i love you." Watch a woman put on head phones, close her eyes, and have her life changed by a lyric. See a bad moment flipped upside down by a well timed joke. Words propel us, empower us, make us human and more than human. We constantly struggle to say what we mean and mean what we say. To "wrestle with words and meanings." that's what T.S. Elliot calls it. But as we whisper and shout, stutter and spin, we create order out of the chaos around us. We are built of words, and we live by them, too.

-Hallmark

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs