Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mission Accomplished...5 Marathons Under 25

On October 10th,I completed a goal that's been three years in the making. I ran my fifth marathon by the age of twenty-five. This was one of the biggest,if not the biggest accomplishment in my life. 

It was definitely not the easiest goals to achieve, there were many obstacles along the way, but that made achieving it all the sweeter. Below are all the medals from the various marathons, and a memory from each one.  



New York City Marathon November 4th, 2007
My first and fastest marathon to date. I ran a 3:47 on three weeks of training. This was of the more stressful times in my life, and this marathon was a time for me to learn a lot about myself. After this marathon, I feel I became a real runner and obsessed with marathons.


New York City Marathon November 1st, 2009
This was the first marathon I ran with Team Livestrong, which made crossing the finish line so much more fulfilling. At about mile 15 I cut the back of my foot and ran with a bloody gash for the next nine miles. If it weren't for the support of my family and friends, I don't know how I would of finished this marathon.

 The Boston Marathon April 19th, 2010
Running the Boston Marathon was always a dream of mine and to run this beast of a marathon and have it part of my five under twenty-five goal was amazing. I ran this marathon with Team Livestrong. Racing conditions were awesome and the course was great, I was so shocked when I reached the top of Heartbreak Hill and still had energy. I cried crossing the finish line, it was one of the best moments of my life. 

Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon June 26th, 2010
Having only two months in between marathons was quite a challenge, but I took it all in stride. This was my third event with Team Livestrong, and running for such a great cause gave me the motivation I needed to cross the finish line. The course was very challenging, a lot more inclines then I thought and running through some very barren spots. I had my family there to cheer me along and they gave me energy to keep going.

Chicago Marathon October 10th, 2010
Running in Chicago in October you would think the weather would be nice and cool. Well that wasn't the case this October, on race day the temperature went up to 89 degrees a one point. I ran with my cousin Devin and thank God for that, he helped me through the miles. Being that this was my fifth marathon and my goal would be accomplished crossing the finish line, nothing was going to stop me from crossing that line.

My advice to anyone would be, to make goals. Go after things that might seem a little lofty, have people question if you can do things, and prove them wrong. We only get one life, so make your story a good one, go out there and be all you can be and more.

If you want big rewards you have to take big risks.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs