Saturday, October 23, 2010

How to make a House (apartment) a Home.

Living in another country can make you home sick very easily. As much as there is to discover and learn while living abroad, the saying," there's no place like home", couldn't be more true. So to make this an easier transition on my manfriend and I, we decided to try our hardest to make our apartment, even though temporary, feel as homey as possible. 

Adding simple touches to our place has turned this house into our home. Such as me stuffing a toy Staten Island Ferry into my suitcase, so that I'd be reminded of my once daily commute to and from Manhattan. Pictures are also key, so I brought a bunch along with me. We also went to the Greek version of Target, called Carrefour, this place was awesome. We were able to pick up some essential goodies to make our apartment more cozy, and I must say it's really getting there.

Our Bedroom 

Replica Staten Island Ferry.


Most importantly, it really does help having someone else with you who is also away from home, and a Starbucks around the corner. 

Starbucks by our apartment.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs