Monday, May 21, 2012

Catching Up.

Hey there Loves, Happy Monday! I hope you had an awesome weekend, now it's time to tackle the new week, set some goals for yourself and go for it. It's a rainy morning here in New York City but that didn't stop me from getting in my car at 6am and getting my Starbucks fix, please don't judge me, I'm making up for lost time. I have to say I used to despise jet lag when returning to New York but now I kind of like the fact that it allows me to wake up super early, I feel like I really get a full day.




These last few days I've spent catching up with family and friends. It's great to see everyone and it's so crazy how quickly you get back to your routine, it feels like I've already been home a month and it's only been three days. I can tell you however, that while I'm enjoying my time home, it's going to be twenty times better when I head to airport in a few weeks to pick up my two guys, my boyfriend Kyle and our dog Wooden. Until then, I will keep myself busy, I have a bunch of races coming up, so having these goals keeps my mind from constantly going into "I miss you" mode which is hard on both Kyle and I.

Speaking of races, I ran my first race since last September yesterday and it was such a great feeling. I was recently sidelined from running because I was having some kidney trouble but now that I am well I am back at it. Even though I am not where I want to be running and race wise, it just feels so good to be doing the thing I love so much. I was actually surprised when I found out I came in 8th place overall and 2nd for my age group in the 3.1 mile race, I know with dedicated training I can only get better from here on out and making sure I stay very hydrated (Silly Kidneys!).

So it's good to be back in the New York Groove, I'm looking forward to enjoying the summer with the people I love. I think it's going to be a great one.

Notes:
My amazing sister/baker Becky has submitted her application to be on Cupcake Wars! I am sure she will be picked just by the judges looking at her delicious blog. Congrats Becky, I am so proud of you for chasing your dreams!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs