Friday, December 16, 2011

That's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown.

Happy Friday from New York, I hope you all have a great weekend! I know it's the last weekend before Christmas, so try not to stress out, remember what this season is about. Because I'm still not quite on New York time, I've really been enjoying the early mornings here. I get up fix a pot of coffee, put on the news, browse all my usual sites and watch the world wake up around me, my manfriend and I both love that part of the morning and I can't wait for him to be here in New York so we can enjoy it together.

Last night I had my parents along with my brother, sister-in-law, and one of the loves of my life my nephew William over for dinner. I know I just returned from France and they may have been expecting some French cuisine but I went with a traditional Greek meal, I did live there too. I made a huge Greek salad, roasted my own pita chips, made some spicy grilled chicken strips and sautéd broccoli. The meal was a hit and after my family went home, I realized how much I love to entertain. Since my high school years, I've loved to throw parties, there is something that makes me so happy to see others having a good time and knowing that I helped in process. I messaged Kyle, who was clearly sleeping in France and let him know how much I love entertaining, how it's one of the top 5 things I love to do most. Hopefully, while I'm in New York for the next few weeks I'll get to entertain a little more.

I'm going to venture out into the madness that they call Christmas shopping today, I still have a few more things to pick up. I'm hoping that if I go early enough I'll beat the mobs. I figure I'll go for a run before hand to make me nice and calm for possible run in's with crazy Christmas Shoppers.

This weekend I'm looking forward to putting up and decorating Kyle's and my Christmas tree. I also have two Christmas parties to go to with family, I love this time of year because I get to hang out and catch up with the people that I love most, who I miss so much while I'm abroad. Kyle and I often talk about our future together and we always agree that we can't wait for the time when we are both settled together, close to home, being able to enjoy all the wonderful things that come with this time of year.

Today's quote is from a holiday classic, A Charlie Brown Christmas. I found this quote fitting because as I write to you about Christmas shopping, presents, parties and family, I make it my job not to forget what Christmas is really about. So like I said earlier in this post, don't get yourself stressed out, remember the true meaning of Christmas and if you can't remember Linus will tell you below.

Have a great weekend and enjoy!




And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were so afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' and suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

That's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown.
-Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

Best,
Meggie

2 comments:

Barb said...

that is my absolute favorite christmas movie! hopefully i can find a little time to watch it this weekend :-)

jmac713 said...

I watched that last night. Your dinner sounds yummy (and healthy).

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs