Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shooter. (Take 2)

Yesterday I received some awesome news regarding my manfriend, which only made me even more proud of him. Kyle was selected to compete in the French All Star 3 Point Contest! This is a huge honor, since only four players from both the Pro A and Pro B League were selected. Kyle has been shooting remarkably well this season from behind the arch and him being chosen to compete is well deserved.


This is the second year in a row that he has made the 3 Point Contest, last year he competed during Greece's All Star Weekend. This year's contest will take place in Paris, and is said to be on par with NBA All Star Weekend. I can't tell you how unbelievably proud I am of my guy, he has proven time and again to his critics that he is indeed a force to be reckoned with. I know he is going to do amazing All Star Weekend and the odds are very high that he will take home the gold. 

The only thing that stinks is that the 3 Point Contest in December 29th and Kyle was supposed to be back home in New York with me on the 28th. We discussed that this isn't something you can just pass up, hopefully he can get a flight home on the 30th after he wins (I believe that will happen.) to enjoy our own little Christmas and New Years in New York. If he can't come home, we will figure out a way to celebrate the holidays together some way, I'm thinking maybe New Year's in Paris or London. (Haha!) 

Kyle continues to amaze me day in and day out with his craft, and he's earned this honor of competing in the 3 Point Contest because he works his butt off everyday. He's a true basketball junkie and you can see that all his hard work is paying off. As his girlfriend I've been so lucky to watch his career unfold, from his days at Notre Dame up until now. Watching him do his thing on the court never gets old, I'll always be that crazy fan that jumps up and down after he hits a three off a screen or my favorite when he pulls up for a three in transition. I've said this before and I'll repeat myself when I say, watching Kyle play ball is watching an artist at work and it's beautiful. (I'm a mush even when I talk about sports, sorry.) 

So kick ass in Paris babe, you deserve to be number one when it comes to shooting three's because there aren't many others out there that do quite as good as you, maybe Reggie and Ray but you are on their level in my eyes. Go out there and beast it, I believe in you. 

Practice doesn't make perfect, It makes History.
-Mrs. Allen (Ray Allen's Wife)


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs