Monday, June 18, 2012

A New Champion, Celebrating Dad and Wooden is On His Way.

I can't believe the amazingness that was this weekend, my heart is still a flutter from all that went on. It all started early Saturday morning, when I woke up way before the sun was ready to get up to talk to my boyfriend in France, before he took the court for his Championship game. I then headed over to Starbucks to pick up some coffee to bring to my brothers house, where my family was congregating to watch the game, it was at Starbucks where I received a sign and I knew it was a good one, I ordered a Box of Coffee and they only had FRENCH Roast, I giggled and said "that's exactly what I want, I'll take it ", since Kyle was playing in the French Championship.

The game took off and the first play of the game, Kyle pulled up for a sweet three pointer and we were on our way to Victory. Kyle and Limoges CSP won with an 87-78 Victory and were crowned the Champions of France Pro B 2012, an amazing accomplishment that brought tears to my eyes. I know how hard Kyle has worked for this moment, he did it and it was so well deserved. He had a banner year, not only did his team finish first in the league which advances them to Pro A, they closed out the year with the title and Kyle's individual stats this year were amazing, he shot over 53% from the three point line which is a percentage unheard of. Congratulations Kyle, you continue to amaze me, I love you so much and can't wait to see what the next chapter in your career is.














After the excitement of Saturday, I was looking forward to a relaxing day celebrating Father's Day with my Dad and all the other great dads in my life. We enjoyed a great Brunch at one of my favorite spots on the Island, Pasticceria Bruno where we toasted my Dad and my brother who was celebrating his first Father's Day. It was such a nice morning and I hope they both know how much I love and appreciate them.

Following Brunch I stopped by Kyle's parent's house to wish his dad a Happy Father's Day and then headed to My Aunt and Uncle's for a family Father's Day BBQ. I was such a nice day filled with so much love and laughs, which always reminds me to relish in the little things.

















Early this morning, I received a text from my guy to let me know that our puppy Wooden was checked into the airport and will soon be making his first transatlantic trip from Paris to New York. I am so excited to see my Wooden-ba-Gooden, who I haven't seen in a month and introduce him to the great city of New York and his new home. Safe travels Wooden, I'll be there waiting for you with a bone for you. Love you pup.





3 comments:

blondebenedicte said...

thank you :)

aw, simply LOVE Wooden :P
what a beautiful dog, yup! :)
bisous xxx

Taylor said...

Sch a cute pup!! Safe travels, xo!

Meggie said...

Thank you both so much!

Best,
Meggie

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs