Tuesday, September 4, 2012

So Long Summer and a Welcome Back.



Hello there my beautiful Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakes readers! It has been quite awhile since you have heard from me, my apologies are most sincere. I just had one of the most amazing summers of my life and even though I didn't post daily, I will be sure to share some of my favorite summer moments with you in the upcoming weeks. I hope you all had an amazing summer and that you took some time for yourself, whether is was taking the time to read a great book, to conquering a goal, to going on a vacation that you really needed, just know that you deserved it!

Here is a quick recap of my summer, so that when you read a new post you won't say, "When the heck did that happen?"

I came home from my year abroad in France this past May, I got the chance of a lifetime when a dance studio gave me studio time to teach yoga, that is when Yoga by Meg was born. My guy Kyle and his team took home the French Pro B Championship. My pup Wooden made his journey from France to the United States, one of the more nerve racking days of my life. Kyle then made his way home from France, we celebrate and celebrate and celebrate some more, the beginning of summer, Kyle's Championship win, and his Birthday.

Kyle comes back to our apartment early one morning and gives me a Starbucks with the words, "Will You Marry Me?"written on it, I say YES! We're engaged, we have a six week window to plan a wedding for next summer because Kyle signed to play another season in France. We book a venue, we go on an amazing vacation with my sister and brother-in-law, along with my cousin and her boyfriend to Aruba, it was a blast. After vacation, I register for online classes with the Fashion Institute of Technology. We do some more wedding planning, take some day trips into Manhattan and days down at the beach. Kyle heads back to France.

I spend my last few weeks in New York with my family, I take a road trip up to Maine to visit my sister and her family. I get a offer to be a blogger for FabFitFun.com, a dream come true which I gladly except. I pack up my life for the next year and ship it off to France.

And here I am!

I am sitting back in my apartment from last year in Limoges, sipping my coffee, wishing my pup was by my feet, he won't be here until Thursday. It is crazy to see how quickly time goes and how many amazing memories were made in the three months that we call summer. Now it is time for new memories to be made, a very exciting year lies ahead for Kyle and I, for next July we will be married. I will cherish this next year as an engaged couple and I truly feel blessed with how our journey has unfolded.

So follow me on my latest chapter, I'll be sure to entertain you.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're back to blogging!

becky said...

Welcome back meggie :) xoxoxo

Amy said...

It will be an amazing year for you and Kyle for sure...!
Can't wait to see it !

Welcome back in Limoges Meg !

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs