Monday, September 20, 2010

You're the Apple of My Eye.


I love to travel, and I think my favorite type of travel is a weekend getaway. Something not to far, right in your own backyard waiting to be discovered. I'm always searching for places to visit and add to my personal bucket list.

Since the weather is getting crisp and everyone walking down Fifth Avenue has a Pumpkin Spice Latte in their hand, it has really put me in a fall mood. So what better way to celebrate the new season, then by going apple picking.

Battleview Orchards in Freehold, New Jersey


The Orchard


Golden Delicious


Empire Red


My boyfriend scoping out the orchard for the best picks.


Some of our yummy apples.


Apple picking is tough, we deserved a treat, which was a hot apple cider doughnut.

The staff was very friendly and the orchard was beautiful. They boasted a wide variety of apples and also had pumpkin picking, as well as hay rides. The pricing for the apples was relatively cheap. Down the road from the Battleview orchard,they had their own market, where they sold pies, cider, jams, and probably the best hot apple cider doughnut I have ever tasted.

Happy Picking!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs