Thursday, March 1, 2012

If this isn't nice...

Hey there Loves, Happy Thursday and Happy first day of March. I can't believe it is already March, I remember writing a post about the end of January and beginning of February, begging to it to be kind, like it was yesterday. I love March and this one is going to be a busy one for me. I travel to New York on Saturday, just in time for my family's favorite holiday, Sunday's Staten Island St. Patty's Day Parade, I am so excited to see my family who I've missed so much and share in the yearly tradition of eating corned beef, drinking some beer and celebrating my nephew Benjamin's birthday.

Today will be a busy day of packing and getting some things in order, so I plan on putting on Spotify and doing a great yoga workout to calm me so I don't stress over packing, which I hate doing. Yoga has become such a great tool in my life, I don't just use it as a workout, for me it's also therapeutic, it is so calming and my practice is so much stronger because I do it so often.

Last night Kyle and I enjoyed a night out at what we can easily say is our favorite restaurant in Limoges, Les Artistes. The atmosphere, the service, the drinks and the food are all amazing. While enjoying our delicious mojitos, we started talking about how we finally feel like we are living in the present, something we've been trying to master for quite some time. It is sometimes hard trying to live in the present and enjoying where you are. We for example find it hard because of living overseas, away from family and friends, we sometimes find ourselves looking ahead to when we are back in New York, at our local Starbucks enjoying a Sunday in July. But lately we've really been enjoying just living in the moment, enjoying each new day and what it has to offer, which brings me to today's quote.

The quote I am going to share with you today, is from one of the great American authors, Kurt Vonnegut. This quote is about stopping for a moment, in the present, and realizing that life isn't, excuse my French, shit. Even during your worst days you have to know that someone out there is going through something a lot worse and not that your problems don't matter but when you look at it that way, it may make your problems seem a little silly. Enjoy life and what it has to offer, be happy to be on a computer or smartphone reading this blog, enjoy your morning coffee, or daily phone call with a family member, it's enjoying the little things that make your life happy.

I guess this is the theme for this week, as this post relates to yesterday's, it is about treasuring the little things, the boring daily things that make up your day. It's taking a moment, smiling and being grateful because, Life is Good!

Enjoy!




I urge you to please notice when you are happy,and exclaim or murmur of think at some point, "If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."
-Kurt Vonnegut

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs