Monday, March 5, 2012

Planes, Parades and Parties.

Happy Monday Loves! Hope you all had a great weekend, I'm back in New York after a not so smooth flight. My eight hour flight ended up being nine hours of never ending turbulence but now I'm home and it feels nice.

I came home to one of the nicest surprises, there was a box waiting for me and what it contained almost knocked me on the floor. Kyle gave me a beautiful Michael Kors watch, one that I have been in love with for some time now. It was such a sweet surprise and so lucky to have such a thoughtful guy in my life.





Sunday morning I was up bright and early at 4am but I was so excited to start the day, I quickly forgot about my jet lag. Every year on the first Sunday in March marks one of my families favorite holidays/traditions, celebrating the Staten Island St. Patty's Day Parade. I was also extremely excited because I would get to enjoy my first Starbucks experience in two months, which in my opinion is just way to long.





After my Starbucks experience, my sister, her boys and myself walked down to my brother's house to enjoy a pre-parade breakfast. I was so happy to see everyone, especially my nephews who've I missed so very much.





The parade was great as always, the pipers were piping, the jiggers were jigging, and the streets were full of happy spectators. After watching the parade and enjoying a few beers with my family, we ended our day at my parents house. My parents do an amazing job serving corned beef and cabbage, shepards pie and Irish soda bread, so yummy. We also play bingo for green things, gifts compliments of my Nana.

Last night we also celebrated my nephew Benjamin's 3rd birthday party, I was so happy to be home
to take part in his mini party, which included mustache adorned cupcakes compliments of Fat Bottom Bakery.

It was a great weekend and this morning I woke up to a sweet message from my guy, who I already miss so much. He talked about the future he sees for us, after our days overseas have ended, when we actually celebrate this weekend together (which has never happened in our years together), with our families and our own little family and it will be well deserved. I couldn't agree more with his vision which only excites me for our future together.

Have a great week, go out there and be amazing.



Location:Oakwood Ave,,United States

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs