Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Nobody said it was easy.


Happy Wednesday Loves, hope you are all having a great week! I am so happy winter is over and spring has arrived, even though it's an overcast day in Limoges, it's warm, so I'll take it. I'm getting back into French mode and I was so happy yesterday when my bag finally arrived after not making the plane when I took off from New York on Saturday night. Everything was in there, most importantly my Starbucks coffee was there, hallelujah!

I really can't believe how quickly this year is passing, it really seems like just yesterday that Kyle signed his contract to play in Limoges and now there are only a few games left in the regular season (His team is in first place by the way.) and we will soon be planning our path for next year. I feel we really came into our own this year, both as individuals and as a couple. It wasn't easy but now that we've come to this point, I honestly feel like we can get through any obstacle or challenge that comes our way.




Which brings me to today's quote, this is a quote that I find myself always coming back to. For me the words are so strong and ring true to what my relationship has gone through. The quote comes from Nicolas Sparks' The Notebook, it isn't that mushy so you can keep reading.

Every relationship whether its with your mate, a family member or a friend goes through its own challenges. As you grow older you'll see some of those relationships fade but there are those relationships that no matter how crazy a storm it faces, stand tall and make it through, those are the relationships you fight for. No one ever said relationships were easy, as a matter of fact the ones that really matter are usually the total opposite, they're hard but worth the fight. I say focus on those relationships, those are the ones that will make you better, they will test you and make you stronger. Living with that kind of passion towards the people you care about, makes everything else you do worth while.

Enjoy!

I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
-Noah, The Notebook

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs